Friday, November 8, 2013

Heaven help me, I've Tweeted…
     Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined it. My mother and father, Heaven rest their souls, would raise their eyebrows. I still remember rotary phones, phones with party lines, cisterns in wood burning kitchen stoves, the advent of color TV and early Elvis. But last night, in the privacy of my own home I took the step. I tweeted! And I tweeted twice this morning.
     I don't appear to feel any lingering effects from the experience and I still look like my old self in the mirror in passing. But I have officially entered the Twitter age. I even have some followers! My Twitter name is TheFalls_VT. Obviously referring to the small town mystery series I write. I struggled with a name and discarded several while Twitter wouldn't let me have a number of others because they were already taken.
     I'm told that having a Twitter account and Tweeting at least once a day will help a bit with my book promotions. So, I'll give it an old Yankee try. As the old adage goes, any port in a storm. 
     So, here I am, officially Tweeting and being Tweeted to. Amazing. Simply amazing! So, give me a Tweet and I'll Tweet back. Just remember, be gentle…I'm new at this!
     May the dragons watch over you…and TheFalls_VT...

No comments:

Post a Comment