Sunday, July 27, 2014

Deep Inside a Raft of Manuscripts...
     That's where I am, truly. I find myself writing a new The Falls novel, editing the last one that hasn't been put on Kindle yet, advertising the next to last volume on FB pages every day, editing the fourth in the series and placing it on a template for CreateSpace and proofing the third in the series from a paperback proof received on Wednesday from CreateSpace. (Not to mention working on the first Dragon World story already on Kindle, placing it on a template for CreateSpace.) Did I forget anything? Probably.
     So, I feel like no matter which way I turn, I am surrounded by Kindle versions, draft versions, and CreateSpace templates. That's not a bad thing. I enjoy and am invigorated by the work. But at times I am overwhelmed. Please tell me that every writer feels the same way at times! Chuckles.
Place on top of that a lingering sinus infection, and waiting ( I feel like we're on hold) for our contractor to come and put in new flooring in the upstairs and stairway (we have already stripped most to the extraneous things out of the rooms) and you get the basic idea.
     But it's Sunday, a day of rest. Smiles...nah. I'll still be working. Writing the next chapter for The Falls: Coldblooded in the morning and finishing editing the proof of The Falls: Fall of the Rotten Apples this afternoon. Then I'll hand off the proof to my long-suffering, patient and caring wife who will add her two cents worth. She reads twice as fast as I do, and is probably smarter than I am. She reads more books in a week than I do in a month. So I depend on her to keep me "honest" in what I write. Thank you, Carolyn.
     I hope your day is a wonderful one. May it be filled with small pleasures and may the dragons watch over you...

No comments:

Post a Comment