Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Onward...
     The first proof for the third book of The Falls small town mystery series, The Falls: Fall of the Rotten Apples, has been ordered and is on its way. Funny thing. After I had set up the interior, set the cover, markets and price I sent it in to be scanned by the CreateSpace quality control squad as usual. In just a few hours it came back stating that it wasn't approved. Guess what I had done? What's the most idiotic mistake you can think of in creating a book? Right. I had misspelled the title! I had written The Falls: Fall of the Rotten Aples. Cute, huh? Mortifying! Chuckles. Ah well, they caught it, I went in and changed it and then the proof was approved. Now, I should get the proof sometime in the next few days. Then we'll be doing a blitz-edit.
     I've already set up the template for the next book, The Falls: Mud Season, book 4 in the series and have transferred about 45 pages of the text from the Kindle volume to the template. As I go though the Kindle version, editing once again and changing the format of the earlier books to the font and format I'm using now, I save the Kindle version, which I will switch out, replacing the old Kindle version once the CreateSpace paperback is set. Sort of saves a step along the way. That way both paperback and kindle version are up to date and new.
     We are waiting for the contractor to contact us about doing the flooring upstairs. Our office in the loft looks a bit bare bones at this point, trying to get ready for moving everything. Ah well. It will be nice when its done. In the meantime, we try and survive the daily lightning storms and the heat and humidity. Anyone who tells you that Florida is paradise is not telling you the whole truth. Nice sunny weather most of the time, yes. Ocean wonderful, yes. Lots of nice communities, yes. But beware because it's the lightning capital of the world. Before we understood what it was like we lost two TVs, a DirecTV DVR, the motherboard out of our garage door opener, and had four wires burned out that connect to our AC unit. We now have a FLP surge protector on the meter, battery pickup surge protectors on all electronics and unplug computers during the storms. But, a warning, nothing can stop lightning from damaging your things. Nothing. If anyone tells you different just look at them and grin with a knowing look on your face. 'Cause all electricians will agree...nothing can stop lightning.
     I have had a sinus infection for about two and a half months and the antibiotics and other treatments don't seem able to touch it for long. (I'm thinking that might be Florida's fault as dwell...but since I have no proof...we'll let it be a 'wait and see' kind of thing.)
     Back to writing...and watching the radar for lightning storms. May the dragons watch over you...and stay away from the lightning...

No comments:

Post a Comment