Thursday, July 17, 2014

In the Middle of it all...
     Have you ever felt like there were a million things going on and you were in the very center of it all, trying to keep all the balls in the air? Well, that's a pretty good description of what I'm feeling like. 
     Right now I am editing book three in The Falls small town mystery series (The Falls: Fall of the Rotten Apples) and placing it in a template to publish on CreateSpace. I'm working on the new cover as well. I'm working on the last few chapters of my work in progress, the 16th book in The Falls small town mystery series, The Falls: Boneyard. I'm advertising the 15th book, The Falls: Brotherly Love on numerous FB pages each day, while awaiting three finished paperbacks from the recently published paperback that's the second book in the series, The Falls: Summer Nightmare, published through CreateSpace. In addition, I just revised, changed the font and edited Dragon World: Dragon Magic, the first volume of The Dragon World Series on Kindle. I have already started creating a template for the Dragon World series so that I can start the publishing process with them through CreateSpace. At the same time, I'm also busily watching Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble. com to see when Summer Nightmare is released.
     Put all that together with the fact that I am going to be working my way down through both The Falls small town mystery series and the Dragon World Series one book at a time to publish on CreateSpace, and in the meantime working on creating the drawings and pictures to be used for all the covers, I'm beginning to feel like there isn't enough time in the day. I tend to be goal orientated and slightly anal at achieving goals, so I have to try and remember that I actually am retired and breathe.
     I'm not really complaining though. It gives me purpose and direction, which is good for me. Just wishing that it was all done and tied up with a big red bow, just because I hate not having my best work out there. Yup, perfectionist issues as well. But then, you probably knew that already, right?
    Yes, I started publishing on Kindle on a wing and a prayer, without help or guidance after spending almost two years trying to get an agent. At that point I was frustrated but determined. 24 books later, it has been quite a ride and I like to think that the stories themselves are good. But the formatting and overall packaging still needs work. That's what I'm about right now. With each Kindle book I turn into a paperback, I take the editing and update the Kindle version (placing the newly edited text, font, and cover on the old Kindle ebook to spruce it up as well).
     Anyway, the three copies of Summer Nightmare should get here today, and (crossing my fingers) if there are no all day thunderstorms, I should finish the paperback interior for Fall of the Rotten Apples template for CreateSpace. Then I can begin the publishing process on CreateSpace once again.
     Until the next time, may your day be successful, filled with small pleasures and may there be no thunderstorms. May the dragons watch over you...

No comments:

Post a Comment