Saturday, July 5, 2014

The 5th of July...
     It always seems as though the day after a holiday, the 26th of December, the 2nd of January, the 5th of July for example, is so anticlimactic that it never gets paid attention to or noticed. I admit to having some sentimental feelings for those poor, unappreciated days. They are the left-overs, the never-will-bes, the forgotten dates of the calendar. From now on, I shall try and remember that all days are equal and to give a rousing good cheer and congratulations to each day as it dawns.
     That being said, I'm patiently waiting for the second proof of The Falls: Summer Nightmare to get here so I can do a quick check through and then place it on the CreateSpace "publish" list. As I wait, I'm on page 112 of the 16th Falls novel, The Falls: Boneyard and about to write the next chapter. It features bodies found in the landfill, famous young forensic pathologist/archeologist called in and a murder investigation for a girl presumed missing for twenty years. Stay tuned for more clues. I'm also editing Dragon World: Dragon Magic to be a more "user/reader friendly" Kindle book. The Dragon World books were written inWord Perfect back decades ago and cleaning them up and making them up-to-date had been a process. But the passion and pure action adventure that is still within those pages is worth saving. At least in my humble opinion. This will be my third or fourth rewrite.
     Speaking of the Dragon World Series, Dragon World: Dragon Magic, the first book of the series, is on sale for $.99 until Monday at 8:00 AM. I know, I should have waited until the rewrite was accomplished. Poor planning, but for $.99, it's a bargain in any format.
     Still waiting to get out upstairs flooring done. The contractors we use are wonderful and in high demand, so we are willing to wait. Good things come to...well you know the rest.
     I'm still finding FB pages to advertise on. Heaven knows how many there must be out there. I love writing, but the advertising, "pushing my wares" like an old fashioned street vendor in Elizabethan London gets old fast. I'm not the pushy type. Never have been. A leader, quick decision maker and go-getter, yes. Pushing my wares, not so much. Guess that's why I made a good school principal for so many years.
     Until the next chapter of this little blog (Whoever came up with that word! I feel like a toad with warts croaking out of a little lily pond when I call what I write a 'blog'!) I bid you a fond adieu. May the dragons watch over you...

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-World-Magic-Book-ebook/dp/B00AVBEUZY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1404561413&sr=8-3&keywords=Dragon+World%3A+Dragon+Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment