Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Desk is Gone...
     Well, our contractor went with us to Lumber Liquidators on Wednesday and we bought the flooring for our upstairs and the stairway itself. Bamboo flooring...the middle grade...we couldn't afford the top of the line, cost all-out-doors kind. Chuckles. But still nice flooring. The tongue and groove kind so the floors are what they term floating (also 'click') and more comfortable to walk on. 
     I helped the contractor and his son and helper bring the boxes of flooring up where we placed them on a space where he had cut away the carpet and pad. Felt it the next day...chuckles. Where was that space you might ask? Why where my old twenty-year-old, sturdy and massively heavy L-shaped desk was sitting, off course. So, they took away the desk (at my request since I have the new standup-fit down desk). Not sure what they did with it...they might have given to someone (I hope) or trashed it (don't want to think about that). The floor will be put down in a week or two. The contractor wanted the flooring to sit there for at least a week. (Perhaps it needs a rest after being in the warehouse?)
     In the meantime I have labeled all the cords, cables and HDMI cables coming and going from the modem, TV, DirecTV box, Xbox 360, Xbox One, two Kinects, printer, two computers, and battery backed up surge protector. When they finally need to move the TV stand and all the stuff on it, I have this deathly fear i won't be able to figure out where every cable and cord goes to afterwards...even though I set it up in the first place. I also looked up the name of our modem system (from the internet and then to all the devices) and password to make sure i wouldn't lock myself out and the room would turn blue from frustration at my idiocy and ineptness. By the way, yes, I play video games. Have since they came out. Enjoy playing with my kids, grandkids and just by myself. I like role-playing games (does that surprise you?)
     So, I'm sitting at the iMac situated on the dining room table, which also holds a lot of stuff from upstairs already (dragon statues, swords, Chinese Geishas statues that are my wife's, etc). Yes, I collect swords. Have for decades. And dragons. Oh, and my new paperback books! It's a bit different, writing down here but will do for now. I have a desk journal/calendar that I use to enter things daily, such as the FB sites I advertise on, what we've done for exercise such as walking (6 days/week), swimming (3), and LA Fitness workouts (3) and things that have happened/will happen like doctor's appointment, etc.  I also have a list of characters on several sheets as well as a box of more in-depth information on characters. I also keep a set of 3x5 cards in front of me that I use to add new characters and to keep the page numbers and chapters of books I'm moving from Kindle to paperback template, etc.
     So, the flooring is here, just not installed, my wife is a little more than halfway through editing the proof for The Falls: Fall of the Fallen Apples, I just edited the cover photo for The Falls: Mud Season (volume 4) and have it ready for CreateSpace, since I'm about a third of the way through placing the Kindle version onto the CreateSpace template. Wrote another chapter of The Falls: Coldblooded this morning and I will edit more this afternoon. Still need to edit The Falls: Boneyard and get it on Kindle!
     So, until the next installment of this saga, I hope your Saturday is wonderful, filled with small pleasures and that the dragons watch over you always...

No comments:

Post a Comment