Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Fourth of July...
     Okay, so it's October 21st. But to me it's the Fourth of July. Just submitted the re-edited and templated manuscript/cover/etc. of The Falls: Fourth of July to CreateSpace. I should be able to order a proof tomorrow sometime. That will make the sixth The Falls book in print...paperback print not digital print. Not bad...
     It's been a hectic few days. We just got back from a trip to VT (sister) and CN (son) and were preparing to leave on a Disney 4 night cruise (from Port Canaveral, FL to Nassau, Castaway Cay and back) this last Sunday. But we received news that Carolyn's mom, Felicia, who has been in a wonderful medical/wellness facility in CA had passed away Saturday night. We cancelled the trip and Carolyn and I (mostly Carolyn) have spent the last few days on the phone with our kids, her sister and arraigning things to bring her mom from CA to VT where she will be buried next to her husband, Frank, Carolyn's dad. She'll be headed there for a few days. Her mom and dad were great people...they will always be loved and will be missed by the whole family.
     I have to stay home. I have several doctors' visits in the next few days for tests and prep appointments that can't be rescheduled or missed. I will have a little procedure to straighten my sinus and remove a bone spur that's been bothering me for some time now the second week in November. That will be good so I'm actually looking forward to it. (Don't remind me I said that the day after the surgery!)
     Back to writing. I'm busy writing the eighteenth in The Falls small town mystery series. No title yet...waiting for inspiration. I seem to have more and more fun with each book. I wondered if I would get tired of writing one series but it seems that I have fallen in love with the little town in Vermont and the lovable, colorful and sometimes unpredictable inhabitants. I can honestly say that I have never had 'writers' block'. I walk up to the sit down/stand up desk and simply start writing. I write a chapter a day, edit it right afterwards and then in the afternoon, I work on transposing the digital Kindle versions into CreateSpace worthy paperbacks. Carolyn reads the chapter from the day before and gives me feedback on our daily walks. It works for me. Everyone has their own process.
     So for now, may the dragons watch over you and don't forget to get the candy for all the spooks and goblins for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment