Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Betwixt and Between...
     Frankly, I never thought I'd use the phrase, betwixt and between, but it fits my condition at the moment. I'm sitting at the dining room table, although in a different seat, and staring over at the stairs. They are almost all done, with the exception of the last step and a few touchups. They are gorgeous. Bamboo as well as the upstairs flooring. Although the wood on the stairs is a smaller width than the flooring on the upstairs' floors. Today is the last day. Our contractor will finish off and we've already paid for it. He even threw in a kit to take care of the flooring, not that it needs much but will keep it looking lustrous. We are very pleased.
     Got the proof for The Falls: Making a List, Checking it Twice. I will probably edit the cover a bit. That's the nice thing about getting a proof from CreateSpace...you can look at it, feel it, and then make changes almost instantly online. Started proofing it yesterday afternoon, and got 75 pages into it. Got to get some sound canceling earphones. The noise from the stairs was hard to work through, even though I was outside in the summer room. (The summer room is a patio that we had a roof put over and enclosed in a screen. It is filled with plants and two white wicker lounge chairs and ottomans. My wife's favorite room.)
     It will be good to have the upstairs done and I can get back to using my sit down/stand up desk. I used it Saturday and Sunday for the first times and loved it. I stood up while I typed and it felt really good, although I did enjoy sitting down again afterwards. Lots of changes.
     So, on to waiting for the contractors to drive and to the next chapter in The Falls: Coldblooded! May your day be wonderful, filled with small pleasures and may the dragons watch over you...

No comments:

Post a Comment