Monday, May 26, 2014

And so it Continues...
     Just got back home from a trip up up north to MA where my wife and I were thrilled to watch our beautiful and talented granddaughter graduate from the Northeastern School of Law. Go Caitlyn Elizabeth! The trip was from Wednesday until Sunday and was a good family reunion. Very busy and lots of good food. Back to watching our caloric intake again.
     We came back to the AC not working. It was 99 degrees in the upstairs loft when we got here. So this morning, after our walk, the doors and windows are all wide open and every fan in the house is on. The last time we went away, our house was broken into and we were robbed. Honestly, we need to stop this kind of after trip behavior!!!! 
     Just ordered 5 proof copies of The Falls: In the Dead of Winter. I had already finished my second editing and proofing job just before we left and I'm okay with what it looks like at this point. Every book has a little glitch now days, so if I missed an error of two, so be it. You can go to the extremes when proofing. After awhile, you need to say enough and get it out there. When they get here, I'll order five more. Then I will go in and order a couple more so I have between 12-15 proofs at $8.07 rather than paying a good deal more, even at author's prices, to give away to family and friends. They have PROOF stamped across the back blank page...but that's no biggie. (This was something a good friend clued me in on...Thank you Kate!) Cost me $48.92 for five copies ($8.07 for the proof, $2.26 tax and $5.95 for shipping).
     I checked with CreateSpace Support about whether I should resubmit the book to Kindle which they offer as a service. They told me that I didn't need to. What I will do is resubmit the cover for the new paperback in my KDP bookshelf section (where I can go in and edit any part of my digital books) so they have the same look and then add the paperback onto it so when you pull up The Falls: In the Dead of Winter, it will show you both options.
     Okay...my writing loft is getting a bit steamy (it's 87 up here right now) so on to working on my next Chapter for The Falls: Boneyard. The 16th in The Falls small town mystery series. The hole is getting easier to climb out of...stay tuned for the final placement on sale. It will be available at Barnes and Noble, CreateSpace, Amazon, etc. I hope your day is cooler than mine and that the dragons watch over you all... 

No comments:

Post a Comment