Wednesday, September 25, 2013

     As the dragons and I stick our toe into blogging (sounds almost obscene, doesn't it?) the first hurdle appears to be the layout of the blog itself. So, I'm sure there will be some trial and error. If any of you who read this have suggestions, please, offer them. I'm smart enough not to re-invent the wheel. Or at least I hope I am. I'm certain the dragons are.
    Several of you have asked about the dragons. Well, I'm part Scottish and when my wife, Carolyn and I visited England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales a few years ago a small wizened old man sitting on a rock wall in a small village wished me a Scottish blessing, "...may the dragons watch over you...".  Now for most of my life I had dreamed up and written fantasy stories with dragons in them. So, the phrase fit and stuck. Now, I wish people "may the dragons watch over you" as my way of saying good luck and may the fates be kind to you.
     If you haven't checked out the Dragon World Series at the Kindle Store on Amazon.com, you'll find six stories about the wild, rugged and lusty world of Rupar. (The beginning volume is entitled Dragon World: Dragon Magic)  That's where my dragons live, love and roam!
     Anyway, as the dragons and I try and figure out this blogging thing, I ask your patience. Writing isn't a problem, putting in a format and display that is pleasing and not altogether annoying for the poor reader: that's the challenge.
     My little grandma (she wasn't much more than four foot ten) always told me that the best way to deal with something was to simply do it, and then fix what you had to as you went along. So, I'll stick with her advice.
     May your day be a good one, and may the dragons watch over you.

2 comments: