Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January Doldrums...
     Have you ever had them, the January Doldrums I mean? It's supposedly the slightly depressed, lethargic feeling that people who live in a heavy winter area sometimes get after the holidays in January or February. Goes along with being housebound from deep snow, ice and severe cold temperatures. Frankly, I can't ever remember having them, and since I now live in Florida (after 43 years in Vermont and 17 years in New Mexico) I don't assume I will. 
     That doesn't mean I can't connect with the feeling. Sometimes, when you get caught up in the daily grind, I think we all feel that way. For some it takes on the lethargic tendencies, for others, we get a bit down or have a small but not insignificant pity party without even realizing that's what we're doing. (Come on...you know you know what I'm talking about.)
     Okay...enough of that. At present I'm working on editing the paperback proof of The Falls: Cupid's Arrow. It's been hard to get to with the holidays and lots of doctors and dentist appointments. Seems like almost everyday we've had to go out and do something. Three-quarters of the way through and I'm determined to get it done soon. I have also finished The Falls: County Fair, 18th volume of The Falls series. I'm editing that and getting it ready for Kindle publishing in the mornings and editing the proof in the afternoon at this point. I need to put together an cover for County Fair as well and retake the cover photo for Cupid's Arrow...that will come fairly soon. I'd like to get County Fair on Kindle by next week.
     Christmas decorations are down...and that's saying something. We put up quite a lot, more each year. Now my wife is busily cleaning for her sister and brother-in-law to come and visit fairly soon. I just purchased my first non-Daytimer monthly planner in about thirty-five years. They were out of 2015 planners. Interesting.  I tried to buy in December and they were already out. Shakes my head. The world is crazy and getting crazier. Am I the only one who is tired of businesses pushing the calendar ahead farther and farther each year? By the way, I use Jeep Liberty cruisers in all The Falls books. Do you think I should send a letter to the Jeep company and let them know that? Been thinking about it. 
     Ah, well. May the dragons watch over you and may your new year be interesting, teach you a few things and make you smile. 'Til the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment