Monday, January 13, 2014

Many Thanks!
     The sale of the first four volumes from The Falls small town mysteries this weekend was the first of it's kind for me as a writer. I used the new progressive amount function of KDP a few weeks ago, going from $.99 to $1.99 back up to the regular price of $2.99 of the ebook. I did this for several books (one at a time). This weekend marks the first time I've placed more than one book on sale at the same time. Later on in the year, I will place the next 4 books in the series on sale together, then the next four, etc. It was great to have KDP be more to be more flexible in using to promote sales. I do appreciate it KDP!
     I hope that more writers get used to using the multiple ways you can now use KDP. I believe it brings our little worlds to more people and gives us as business people (I have to admit that's a hard way to look at myself)  a more versatile tool to work with.
     I want to say THANK YOU to all the people (readers and writers) that purchased one or more of the books Saturday and Sunday. I appreciate your support and I'm truly happy to be able to share my little world with you. The town is based loosely on Fair Haven, Vermont, where I grew up and the characters are ones that I have met somewhere in over sixty-six years as a kid, a teacher, a principal, a parent, a grandparent and grandparent on this little planet. 
     As I grow older, and hopefully wiser, I am drawn to study people that I meet, taking bits and pieces of each of them to use in characters as I write. I write for a couple of hours in the morning, edit a couple of hours in the afternoon, and never stop thinking about plots, drawing for covers or trying to find new ways to place my little tales before those who might enjoy reading them.
     Again, many thanks to those who took the time and effort to download one of the tales, and I hope to see many more writers using the expanding suite of services that KDP is providing. We owe it to those readers who enjoy our work.
     May the dragons watch over you...
     

No comments:

Post a Comment