Saturday, June 30, 2018

Extractions and Implants...
     Okay...had a capped tooth break off and went to the dentist. Figured at the most they would drill a hole put a new metal post in and glue it back on, right. No. That tooth and the tooth next to it were decaying inside. Had to have them both extracted and screws put in my jaw for implants. Let me tell you...not a fun occasion. Luckily, the dentist I had at our local dental office does just mostly those kind of things. Did a great job.
     I'm eating on one side, again, waiting for the stitches to come out of my gums in a couple of weeks. Soft foods. Anything you can cut with a knife. Not so bad really. But I have had so much work on my teeth that I am way past tired of it. Fifth or sixth implant. I lost count.
     If I were in The Falls, the McClain sisters would treat me to ice cream and Federman would ply me with warm donuts. Then Grandma Burman would march in and tell me to take it like a man, after which she would give me a kindhearted hug. Jeb and Zeke would eagerly pass the gossip around about my oral surgery and feel very proud they were the first to do so.
     Small towns. Everybody knows everybody's business. Speaking of The Falls, I'm three-quarters of the way done on book 32 and am in the process of getting The Falls: One Friday Night ready for paperback form.
   Went up to Connecticut to see our granddaughter Kylie married in a rustic barn setting. Beautiful. Even got a ride in a horse and carriage. Our family's three new babies, Alexis, Mason and Maverick are doing marvelously and are as cute as can be! When you look at it that way, problems with your teeth don't seem so bad. Priorities, right?
     May the dragons watch over you ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment