Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Post Op...
     Post Op sort of sounds like a trendy new music group, doesn't it? This is the day after my 5, or was it six, related sinus procedures plus a biopsy, I'm feeling a little groggy (now, now, be kind...I'm usually semi-lucid) with painkillers but okay. Got to get on serious antibiotics, saline spray which really felt good (after a few moments go Ahhhh!) this morning and the latest oxy-whatever for pain along with Afrin sprays, etc. 
     The surgery was done at the Blue Water Surgery Center in West Port St. Lucie. (Love the name, huh? You can tell it's Florida!) It's very modern, yet warm, homey and beautiful. Cutting edge I would say. My doctor, Dr. Slack, my ENT doctor, was wonderful, as always and I even had an anesthesiologist with a sense of humor. Nurses were very pleasant and on the top of their game. All in all everything couldn't have been better. (Except it was a procedure...or operation...or a surgery...whatever you want to call it. The dragons weren't nervous...I was a tad...shhh!)) A week with not lifting over ten pounds, no nodding forward and the interior splints come out Monday the 17th, our youngest son's birthday. (His age is easy to remember, he's 30 years younger than me, to the month. His birthday is the 17th of November and mine the 25th).
     I've had pain for about six months now. Hoping this will deal with most of it. Bone spur is gone, sinus straightened and several other parts adjusted. The biopsy said that there is no reoccurrence of cancer on the side of my nose. The doctor took that off a year or two ago. Sounds like I'm falling apart, huh? Naw...I'm a tough old Scotsman. No worries. But my wife says I'm stubborn and don't want to let anyone do anything for me. Probably true. She's the smart one.
     The edited proof of the CreateSpace paperback of The Falls: Fourth of July, the 6th in the series, is almost ready to edit on CreateSpace (the cover as well) and then it will be ready to publish. Then I'll order 3 author copies (usually about half the price). I always start off with three copies to start with and buy more as needed.
     That reminds me, I'm entering three of The Falls books in a local Book It program. (In the Dead of Winter, Making a List, Checking it Twice and Coldblooded. The first two as paperbacks, the third as a Kindle book.) You can do either or hardcover if you have one.) If accepted, I will be part of a program at the Port St. Lucie Library Book It Day in February. I'll be able to have a table and sell/advertise the books. Never done that before, but as an artist in oils I used to exhibit at art shows on the green with a tent and setup twelve to fifteen times each spring/summer/fall back in Vermont. We'll see how that goes...if I'm chosen of course.
     Well, I missed writing yesterday...working on the eighteenth of The Falls series, The Falls: County Fair so I'm off to do my daily chapter. I'll edit this afternoon, painkillers allowing. May your day be filled with small pleasures and may the dragons watch over you...

No comments:

Post a Comment