Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Space Center and River Excursion...
     My sister Ann and her grandson Spencer were here for the past 5 days. They live in the frosty climes of Vermont (Yes, right around the corner from where The Falls is located!) and needed a break from Old Man Winter. We had a great time gong with them to the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral Florida (where we had taken my daughter Stephanie and her husband Joe a few months earlier). We also took a pleasant two hour tour on the St. Lucie River which was kind of neat as well as visiting a local botanical garden (with the largest collection of Bonsai trees in the world), and several restaurants including Chuck's Seafood in Ft. Pierce and Longhorn in Tradition. We also engaged in  two nights worth of serious and enthusiastic card playing with the game Sevens! (If you don't know how to play it...check it out!) We even checked out the new heating system in the community pool.
     They went back on Friday, flew into Boston and drove home from there. With the amount of snow, ice and freezing temperatures up in New England, I'm surprised we haven't had more visitors this winter! Anyway, for the past week, I have taken a break from writing, some advertising and checking FB, Twitter and my blog. We also had a break from our morning walks, trips to the gym. Now that we are back in our regular pattern, life goes on as usual.
     I should have the edit for The Falls: May Flowers ready for CreateSpace soon and that will make the first eight of The Falls stories in paperback at CreateSpace.com, Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com. I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I have already started transposing the next Falls novel, The Falls: Election, into the template for CreateSpace.
     My thoughtful wife Carolyn bought me a comfort standing mat for my standup desk. It's about three feet wide and two feet deep and works well. I can certainly tell the difference. I can even stand barefooted now if I want and write. Thank you, Sweetheart!
     Ah well...onward and upward! Take care and may the dragons watch over you...

No comments:

Post a Comment