Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year's Resolutions...
     Happy New Year! Here's hoping that you and your family and friends had a great holiday season and are ready and eager for the new year. Seems as though there were quite a few snafus this last year for lots of people...we can only hope that 2015 is a better, more gentler, kinder new year. 
     Well, I finished transferring The Falls: Cupid's Arrow into the CreateSpace template, saved it in pdf and entered it in the CreateSpace book creator. Got the proof back a few days ago and I'm working on editing it. That's not going very fast due to the scrambled schedules during this time of year (for instance this afternoon I'll be taking the ornaments off the Christmas tree and disassembling it...a 3-4 hour job). (The schedule is why I haven't posted in a while as well.) I should be done in a week or so though. Then I'll sign in to the website, make the changes, redo the cover picture (the last one came out a bit blurry) and then submit it once again. Then I'll order the proof and if it looks okay...the seventh book in The Falls small town mystery series will be in print in Barnes & Noble, Amazon.co, CreateSpace.com and bookstores everywhere! Yeah!
     Ran out of my daily planner from Day-Timer. I have a new one ordered but it isn't here yet. Grrr. Hate improvising without it. Yes, I am a patterned person. How'd you guess? Wink, wink. Guess what? Getting hearing aids sometime in the next couple of weeks. Don't know how I feel about it. They aren't your grandmother's hearing aids. Small, very powerful and able to be altered through a computer program as needed. Most people won't even notice them...they're over the ear with a practically invisible plastic tube into my ear. I have been missing more lately...words of TV, garbled conversations when around a crowd...that sort of thing. But I will admit...makes me feel a bit old. If it makes a difference in what I hear, it will override that emotion I believe.
     We did our usual Christmas marathon, driving over to see our son Patrick in North Port on the other side of Florida Christmas Eve (2 hours and 45 minutes) then over Alligator Alley and to out daughter Dynese in Ft Lauderdale (another 3 and a half hours) and then home (another hour and a half). Love seeing them all, not so crazy about the trip. We might go back to the northeast (son Craig and sister Ann) for Christmas next year...we'll see. You know, it seems as though we always go and visit other people. Seems like it should start to go the other way eventually.
     Standup desk is better and better. Love the feeling and expending a few more calories while I write. My white board is about filled up and I have five to seven more scenes left to write in The Falls: County Fair, the 18th in the series. That should be out in Kindle format within two to three weeks. Oh! I was accepted in the Book It! local authors in Port St Lucie in February. There should be 38 local authors set up at the library. I'll get a table two chairs, black tablecloth and wireless access. I'll provide the books, business cards and pamphlets. It's mostly for exposure...I haven't done much advertising locally...mostly over the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I'll write more about it in the next blog entry.
     Until then, may the dragons watch over you...and may your days be filled with small pleasures...

No comments:

Post a Comment