Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Nightmare Proof #1...
     It's easier, second time around. Believe me...it is. Referring to publishing a paperback of CreateSpace of course. What did you think I meant??? Just finished editing the first proof for The Falls: Summer Nightmare. Now my long suffering but wonderful wife Carolyn is working on it. The proof came through with the first 25 pages out, not adhered to the spine. Since it's just a proof, I wasn't too concerned, but I sent a message to the support group at CreateSpace. They promptly replied stating that they were sorry and would send me another proof if I wanted it. I told them no, that I didn't really want another proof, since I would editing the document in the CreateSpace publishing format within the next few days, and ordering a second proof. I told them I just wanted to inform them that it happened. They assured me that it doesn't happen often and that they have a 100% replacement policy. Since I had purchased a number of proofs and books for The Falls: In the Dead of Winter earlier that were all fine, that was enough, and I let it go.
     I really like the cover for Summer Nightmare. I know, I sound a bit conceited. But I was happy with everything, color, picture and everything else. I'd love to know what you think.
     Now, I'm still working on the 16th volume in The Falls series entitled, The Falls: Boneyard. I'm also nearly finished editing the 15th volume of The Falls small town series entitles The Falls: Brotherly Love. It will be available in the Kindle Store within a few days. It's the first of the books where a good deal of the action occurs outside of Vermont. Hint: Albuquerque plays a prominent role! Hope you all get a chance to read it soon!
     Still haven't been able to use the stand up desk yet. still waiting for our contractors to get to the flooring upstairs. They are wonderful and we understand why they're in such high demand. Looking forward to having the option of sitting or standing as I write. Does anyone else out there have one? Maybe I'll ask online and see.
     Until the next update, may the dragons watch over you all...


No comments:

Post a Comment